Working away from the office has never been easier, thanks to the Cloud.
One of the most exciting technology developments in recent years, Cloud Computing gives you the flexibility to work almost anywhere, with the information you need at your fingertips at any time.
But what is cloud computing? In the simplest of terms, it is IT-as-a-Service. Instead of building your own IT infrastructure to host databases or software, a third party hosts them in its large server farms. Your company has access to its data and software over the internet (which in most IT diagrams is shown as a cloud).
Some of the benefits of Cloud Computing:
- Cost-Effective: your IT provider will host services for multiple companies; sharing complex infrastructure is cost-efficient and you pay only for what you actually use.
- Quick: The most basic cloud services work out of the box; for more complex software and database solutions, cloud computing allows you to skip the hardware procurement and capital expenditure phase – it’s perfect for start-ups.
- Up-to-date: Most providers constantly update their software offering, adding new features as they become available.
- Scaleable: If your business is growing fast or has seasonal spikes, you can expand quickly because cloud systems are built to cope with sharp increases in workload.
- Mobile: Cloud services are designed to be used from a distance, so if you have a mobile workforce, your staff will have access to most of your systems on the go.
Cloud computing is not new. Most of us are using the cloud already, on our smartphones, through services like Hotmail, Flickr, Blogger and Facebook. However, businesses are now seeing the advantages and reaping the benefits of remote working.
To find out how we can improve productivity for your business, contact us now.